Borrower means any person applying to register as a participant with Monexo to borrow funds on the Monexo website.
Lender means any person applying to register as a participant with Monexo to lend funds to a Borrower through automatic or manual selection.
Loan Agreement means the agreement entered into by the Borrower and the Lender upon finalisation of the loan transaction entered on the Monexo website.
Member or User means any prospective lender/ borrower who has successfully registered as a participant on Monexo’s website.
Monexo means Monexo Fintech Private Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 in India whose registered office is at New # 65 Old # 21 Velachery Main Road, Little Mount, Saidapet, Chennai 600015.
Terms means the Borrowers’ Terms and Conditions and the Lenders’ Terms and Conditions.
Transaction means any loan transaction with Members in which the User will participate through the Website.
Website or Platform means www.monexo.co/in website which is the intermediary providing the services of loan facilitation via the electronic medium to the Borrowers and Lenders.
Monexo declares and undertakes:-
- To provide in a professional manner, efficient diligent and seamless speedy service to its Users to enable Peer to Peer lending on its Website.
- To not effectuate discrimination on the basis of religion, caste, sex, descent etc. among its Members
- To be fair and honest in all the advertisements and marketing endeavours of its Platform.
- To provide its Users with accurate and timely disclosure of Terms, costs, rights and liabilities as regards loan transactions effected through its Website.
- To attempt in good faith to resolve any disputes or differences with the Members by setting up complaint redressal cells within the organization.
- To comply with all the regulatory legal requirements in good faith.
A) Applications for loans and their processing
- All communications to the Borrower shall be in English.
- Users using translation services while using the Platform will do so at their own peril as Monexo does not guarantee that the translation provided will be accurate and urges borrowers to view the website in English.
- Monexo does not have a physical loan application form. Monexo provides a detailed procedure for registration and the benefits accrued from lending/ borrowing through its Platform in the frequently asked questions which is available on www.monexo.co/in/borrower-faqs and www.monexo.co/in/lender-faqs
- A detailed terms and conditions will be provided by Monexo which is to be accepted by the User during and post the onboarding process on the Website. Monexo strongly urges Users to obtain appropriate independent professional advice before proceeding to borrow any money using the Website
- An email confirmation shall be provided to the User acknowledging the receipt of the loan application/registration on its website. On demand, Members can have full details of method of application of interest. The Borrower would be informed of the procedure involved in servicing and closure of the loan taken on the Website FAQ.
- Monexo will provide a time frame for processing the loan application at the time of registration.
B) Loan appraisal and terms/conditions
- Monexo will send the offer letter via email to the Borrower if his application is approved. The offer letter will lead him to the online Member account that contains the amount of loan, the annualised rate of interest, the payment schedule and the other terms and conditions for disbursement of the loan
- The Borrower shall accept the terms and conditions of the Loan post review of the Terms, which shall be retained by Monexo until the full repayment of the loan.
- Monexo shall mention the penal interest charged for late repayment in the Borrower terms and conditions.
C) Disbursement of loans including changes in terms and conditions
- Any changes in the interest rates and charges shall be effected prospectively.
- All Users shall have to meet the eligibility criteria as sanctioned by the Board of Directors of Monexo.
- The Board of Directors of Monexo shall at all times review the eligibility criteria in consonance with the law as well as determine the pricing of services provided by it as per the market rate.
- The Board of Directors shall formulate rules, which may be amended from time to time, that ensures that the Platform is run in an equitable and non- discriminatory manner.
- Monexo will not invade the affairs of the Borrower except for the purposes provided in the terms and conditions of the loan agreement.
- In the event of any new information regarding the Borrower is made available to the Lender, the Lender may disclose the same to Monexo. Monexo undertakes that when it acts on the same, it shall not in any manner interfere in the functioning of the Borrower during the course of the Transaction and thereafter.
- Actions taken for the approval or rejection of loans, and actions taken on request from the Borrower for transfer of borrowed amount to another NBFC/FI, shall be conveyed to the Borrower within 21 days of receipt of application/request. Such transfer shall be effected as per transparent contractual terms in consonance with law.
- Monexo shall not resort to undue harassment for the recovery of loans, viz. persistently bothering the borrowers at odd hours, use of muscle power for recovery of loans etc.
E) Complaints and regulation of Complaints
- Monexo’s Board of Directors will lay out appropriate internal principles and procedures in determining interest rates and processing and other charges. Monexo will ensure that it will endeavour to be transparent in respect of the terms and conditions of the loan effected through its Platform. Any grievance regarding excessive interest rates may be addressed to the Grievance Redressal Officer mentioned on the Website.
- The Board of Directors of Monexo shall endeavour to adopt an interest rate model taking into account relevant factors such as, cost of funds, margin and risk premium, etc and determine the rate of interest to be charged for loans and advances. The rate of interest and the approach for gradations of risk and rationale for charging different rate of interest to different categories of Borrowers shall be disclosed to the Borrower in the confirmation email sent to the Borrower after completing the registration process.
- The rates of interest and the approach for gradation of risks shall also be made available on the Website. The information published on the website is be updated whenever there is a change in the rates of interest and Monexo urges Members to take note of the same.
- The rate of interest adopted by Monexo are annualised rates so that the Borrower is aware of the exact rates that would be charged to the account.
F) Information Secrecy
- All personal information of the customer would be confidential and would not be disclosed to any third party unless agreed to by the Member. The term ‘Third party’ excludes all Law enforcement agencies, Credit Information Bureaux, Reserve Bank of India, other banks/ financial and lending institutions.
- Subject to above Para, customer information would be revealed only under the following circumstances;
- If Monexo is compelled by law
- If it is in the Public Interest to reveal the information
- If the interest of Monexo requires such disclosure.